Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sleepy Sunday

I just arrived back in Toronto after a fun weekend in K-W with my parents. I stayed with my Dad but spent a lot of time with my Mom and even managed a visit with my soon-to-be 90 year old Grandma. It was a nice family-oriented weekend with my brother visiting as well from the U.S.A. I also spent some time with my grade school friend, M.A., and another girlfriend on Saturday night. We ate roasted garlic on fresh bread, Greek salad and whole wheat pasta. From what I can recall, we also drank quite a bit of wine. I seem to remember dancing in the livingroom to Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" CD and sitting on the kitchen floor doing yoga stretches. *grin*

So, as a result, I am a little groggy today. The weather has been sort of grey and overcast, with some shots of sunshine and a lot of wind. Unfortunately the weather has been less than wonderful lately and we are all hoping for a warming trend soon. The good news is "they" (whoever "they" are) have predicted a warm, dry summer. I am having a difficult time with the aridness here. I was so used to the humidity down south, I barely noticed it although, my friends visiting always commented on how humid it was. I miss the effect the tropical climate had on my skin and hair. I've been moisturizing more than I can ever remember doing my whole life!

The job continues to go well although most of my workmates are 905ers; meaning that they live in the Greater Toronto Area ("GTA") but not exactly in Toronto. Some of them commute more than an hour, one way, every day of the week, in order to get to work. I walk for 20 minutes and I'm there. I had lunch with some of new workmates on Friday (paid for by the firm as part of my orientation) and learned that they all have great attitudes about their jobs, the lawyers and the work done by the firm. They are very proud of the reputation of the firm and morale is extremely high. It is an unusually positive work environment and I am certain I will thrive there.

No comments: