Sunday, April 23, 2006

Feeling At Home

Well it's been over a week since I got home and I am still enjoying myself. Even the weather hasn't dampened my spirits although it has been raining since Friday evening. It's been a real change for me -- from sun, sun, sun to some sun, wind, rain, clouds, fog and cool temps. No snow (yet) thankfully so I'm all smiles, even through the pouring rain. I'm having problems with my wireless connection and have had to scrap my VOIP phone for a cellular but it's all good. I still don't have a job but I had one interview last Thursday and another one tomorrow. I'm absolutely certain that I will be back to working full-time on Monday, May 1st. I said I would do it and I will. Positive thinking is a powerful thing. It got me this far!!!

I've noticed a couple of things since I got home. People are talking about the price of gas. Sometimes I think that's ALL they talk about. Oh, and the price of parking. And the lack of parking spots. You will no doubt notice the correlation between these topics and automobiles. I don't have one so I don't care. I've been monetarily compensating everyone who's helped me with a vehicle. I feel it is only fair since they are making my life easier but enough already with the pissing and moaning. Take a bus or, better yet, walk somewhere!

I've been walking all over downtown Toronto since I got back. Yesterday I walked to King & Spadina and then back again, in the rain. What fun! You know what else is fun? Helping people with directions. A guy asked me yesterday if I knew where Princess Street was. I thought I knew but it took me a few minutes to remember that it is two blocks from my condo. I can tell people how to get to a certain place but I can't remember any of the street names. Same thing happens when I go to my hometown. I sound like a Mexican when giving directions: "Turn right where the Chinese Food restaurant used to be!" LOL

I've eaten at all my favourite fast food restaurants and enjoyed Tim Horton's coffee many times already. I still haven't gone to a movie or a gay bar but I have noticed that my "gaydar" is working really well. All those years in Vallarta have finally paid off! Hehe ... I've rearranged the furniture in my room three times now and believe it is in its final configuration. I was trying to improve my wireless signal by getting closer to the window but I actually think I need to move the router out of the back room. As it is, I'm sitting in the dark in the living room with my notebook on my lap. Doesn't that make it a lapbook Darryl? *wink*

I haven't really had a chance to miss Vallarta yet. I've talked to a few of my friends via email, MSN Messenger, Skype and telephone. Sounds like things are really slowing down there while they are starting to pick up here. Once the warm weather hits (and we all know it will strike the week I start working), all of the patios will be open and the fashion disasters will come out in the open. Up until now, they've been hidden under long coats. I can't wait to buy a digital camera so that I can capture it for your viewing enjoyment. Although, you can't get more tacky than a silver plastic tiara and a dark turquoise boa ... haha!

No comments: